Palm Top Theater Workshop
Take part in this exciting workshop to get a chance at showing your video work in the "Palm Top Theater Exhibition", part of the International Film Festival Rotterdam 2011.
During this workshop you will create a video or animation for a special interface called i3DG, that turns 2D into 3D on iPhones, iPods and iPads - in the palm of your hand. Participants with the basic skills video editing skills, in Premier, After Effects or Final Cut are welcome to apply. i3DG lets you enjoy 3D movies right in the palm of your hand without 3D glasses or other devices. Both production and playback of the visuals do not require special technology or equipment. Get more information here: http://www.ueda.nl/ptt
A workshop for content development
We have a limited number of i3DGs, therefore we use workshops to share not only the interfaces, but also the ideas for developing interesting
contents for i3DG. In the workshop the students have the opportunity to
try-out their ideas on the real machine to check and reflect on what they have made. So presence on both workshop days is
With the layer function of video editing software, you can create an image with the proper format. See technical information at: http://www.ueda.nl/ptt. You can use any software that can extract 960x640 format. For example,
- Final Cut
- After Effects
- MaxMSP / Jitter
you are skilled enough, you can even develop your own
iPhone/iPodTouch application to create interactive and generative image and a
sound using touch-panel and gravity sensor. We assume that each student has his or her own computer and with an application for
developing content, and takes his/her own initiative to learn about how to use
the software. During the work process the students can contact the workshop leaders for assistance.
- November 15, 2010: Presentation of the "Palm Top Theater i3DG" at 19.30h by Maki Ueda at Unie, Mauritsweg 34-35, Rotterdam.
- November 20, 2010: Enrollment deadline.
- November 23, 2010: Students get confirmation for the participation.
- November 27, 2010: First workshop meeting, (13.00–16.00): the participants are expected to present their ideas and concept on this day. Prepare a short presentation, or a short clip that shows your idea.
- November 28, 2010: The participants work from home or school on creating the content. They can contact the workshop leaders for assistance. Every Wednesday afternoon in December, you are welcome to test your project on the devices at V2_, and discuss your ideas, technical issues etc.
- January 8, 2011: Second workshop meeting, (13.00–16.00): final presentation of your projects/results. A committee will select the projects that will be presented during the IFFR 2011. (The committee consists of Alex Adriaansens, Maki Ueda and external professionals).
Enrollment deadline: November 20, 2010