An overwhelming number of early-career artists submitted a project proposal in response to the Summer Sessions 2013 call. Three artists based in The Netherlands were selected by V2_Lab to develop their projects at one of the Summer Session partner labs abroad:
- Johannes Langkamp will develop his work at the new Chronus Art Center in Shanghai.
- Roel Roscam Abbing will be artist in residence at LABoral, Spain to create his project Border Check.
- Oskar Maan will travel to the Canadian Film Centre in Toronto to do a pre-post-Apocalyptic Archaeological Research Project that will result in a documentary.
Furthermore, Baltan Lab colaborates with V2_ to send emerging artist Živa Pikaja to Harvard University's Church Lab to do a Summer Session under the supervision of professor Joe Davis.
This does however not mean that the V2_Lab will be empty this summer, as no less than five emerging artists will come to Rotterdam this summer to develop their Summer Session projects at the V2_Lab:
- Cecilia Jonsson, Norway, A hypothesis of a geo-magnetic pull, sponsored by PNEK (Production Network for Electronic Art).
- Chin-Hsiang Hu, Taiwan, Neuromancer, sponsored by the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts.
- Leif Parker, Canada, Endless (The Automation of Torment), sponsored by the Canadian Film Centre.
- Ou-Bau Tsai, Taiwan, also sponsored by the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts.
- Weiyi Hu, China, sponsored by Chronus Art Center, Shanghai.
For a full list of all projects in the Summer Sessions Talent Development Network check www.summersessions.net.